I remember a time when you would see a performance and be moved by that performance. A singer, an actor, a ball player, etc. I have heard a song that brought me to my feet in amazement. I have been moved by the emotions of a great actor. I have been amazed by the play of pro ball players. And, I have been held spellbound by sermons in church. People used to be amazed by a performance and wonder how they could do that.
Now, we see a performance and we think, hey, I could do that. We record it on our phone and don't even listen to the performance. And in pride we think that I could do the same. We have lost the wonder of great performances. We think that it is no big deal.
One thing in church is we think that we have seen it all and we know how it is done. God may be involved, but there is no wonder in it at all.
First, you cannot do what your pastor does. It is arrogant to think that you can. You cannot do what a musician does. It is arrogant to think that you can.
Second, there is an awe and wonder to God. There is a glory and majesty to God. You are not God. You ought to give God praise when the time comes in the service.
There is more to God than salvation. There is still an awe and wonder to it all as far as God is concerned. Ask God to restore the sense of wonder to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.