Tuesday, August 12, 2025

The Blessing of Sleep

 "It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep." Psalm 127:2

There is a lot of valuable truth in Psalm 127. But that may be for another time. Today I want to focus on the final statement in our text. God loves us and He gives us sleep at night. Pastor Greg once preached an entire sermon on sleep and I was surprised at the response from the Prescott church.

With heart failure like I have, sleep was something that I had trouble with. I could not lay down in bed, I was driven to try to sleep sitting up. I often did not drop off to sleep before 3am. My doctor prescribed sleep aid medicine that barely helped. But now, with my heart failure being treated, sleep has returned.

I am grateful to God every morning for a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

No Call Tuesday

 Life is like the turning of a page. I have several good friends in Prescott who I keep in touch with. But today I noticed that I am usually...