Life is like the turning of a page.
I have several good friends in Prescott who I keep in touch with. But today I noticed that I am usually the one who calls them. It is rare that one of my old friends calls me. My old friends from time to time travel, even flying to Texas. But they never make the effort to stop in SA to see me. If I were to visit Prescott they would all act like they were glad to see me. But only because I am there.
So today I decided to put my calls to Arizona on pause for a while. Tomorrow especially will be a no call day for me. I want to see how many of my "friends" think about me and call me to see how I am doing.
I think that I am a friendly guy and I enjoy talking to friends new and old. But from time to time I get tired of being the one to initiate the calls and this is one of those times. So tomorrow will be a no call day. It will be hard, especially if no one calls me. But I am determined not to cave in and call anyone tomorrow.
The loneliness of being a widow is the worst kind of loneliness. But, relationships are a two way street.
The Lord is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Thank God for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.