"A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart." Prov. 18:2
I had someone call me recently to see how I was doing. That lasted about 30 seconds. Then he dove right in to tell me how he was doing and what he was doing. And when I read this Proverb it reminded me of him. Some people only concern themselves with what's good for me or with what benefits me. It's good that they think about others. But they have a short attention span.
"He who answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame to him." Prov. 18:13
It is obvious to some when you are listening or not. Not everyone is a good listener. They like to hear themselves talk. My friend is this kind of person. That's why I get tired of being around him. Shame on him for not listening to me.
You think that the Bible isn't relevant to today? Read it and you will be amazed how the Bible speaks to us. God has not lost His voice. He still speaks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.