Tuesday, May 5, 2026

A Supernatural World

 I am amazed by how much we know from the Bible and take for granted that stumps some experts and theologians. Much of the church world are Sadducees.

"Jesus answered and said unto them, ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God." Mat. 22:29

"The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection..." Mat.22:23

The Sadducees were natural minded. They did not believe in anything supernatural. I know people in my church now who are like that. The do not believe in angels or demons or speaking in tongues. They have a head knowledge and they often believe that science trumps faith.

I wonder how much of our theological underpinning is based on faulty understanding? We have no problem believing that sinners can be saved. But we do not do any of the things that ought to accompany faith.

"And these signs shall follow those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; ...they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." Mk.16:17-18

Let God be true, and every man a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

My Thought

 I had a thought today. I wondered how hard it must be for a pastor, who has served his church for a long time, to say something new or fres...