Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sermons On TV? Really?

I remember way back in ancient times how pastor Mitchell would schedule an evangelistic movie to be shown on Sunday night When he was out of town. As the Door Director I often had the job of making that happen. Pastor had no assistants.  It was him or a movie.

Tonight we had a better than normal Sunday night service. Pastor was back from conference and people were glad to have him back. I was surprised when he announced that we would be watching a conference video instead of having one of our three pastors preach.

Oh well. It was good anyway. But it wasn't live. I guess the Holy Spirit can move either way.

I do not like watching a sermon on TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

400 Years of Silence

 Some people fret over the 400 year gap between the Old and the New Testament. Why so long they ask. Why wasn't God speaking or active d...