Friday, July 31, 2026

What Must I Do?

The common question of a lot of people is what must I do to be saved. What steps must I take, what list must I follow, what work must I do, what rules must I obey, to earn God's salvation? There is one answer to all of man's questions and the answer is, nothing. There is nothing that you must do. There is nothing that you can do. Christ did it all. God did it all.

"this is the work of God, that you believe on him who He has sent." John 6:29

The main thing that we must do is to simply believe. Until you have believed there is nothing you can do. Once you have believed there is a lot that you can do to live the Christian life. Until you have been born again you cannot even see the kingdom of God. Once you have been born again you not only can see it, you can experience it and live in it.

The other thing that we can do is to ask Jesus to save us. You have to ask Christ to save you. You have to open your mouth and ask.

"For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

So you believe in your heart, and confess with your mouth. A child can do this. Why can't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Must I Do?

The common question of a lot of people is what must I do to be saved. What steps must I take, what list must I follow, what work must I do, ...