"Then Nabal answered David's servants, and said, Who is David, and who is the son of Jesse? There are many servants nowadays who break away each one from his master. Shall I then take my bread and my water and my meat that I have killed for my shearers, and give it to men when I do not know where they are from?" 1Sam.25:10-11
I won't spend a lot of time on this text. But I will say that Nabal is a card carrying conservative. He was wealthy and he had worked hard to get what he had. He felt he had no responsibility to take care of those less well off than himself. He was well within his rights and what he did was no doubt legal. But it was wrong. You can be legal and still be wrong and miss God.
The only people who resent me getting Social Security payments are conservatives. The only people against Medicare are conservatives. The people who value the rich and who despise the poor are conservatives.
Society survives by taxation and helping those less fortunate. No one gets rich on Social Security. And Medicare is healthcare for those who otherwise would not get health care. This is Bible based by the way.
"For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good;" Mark 14:7
Nabal was judged by God and died. God help those who resent me and people like me getting basic help.
"He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and He will pay back what he has given." Prov. 19:17
You can be a card carrying Republican conservative and go to Hell when you die. You need to repent.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.