After my wife died I felt a loneliness that is indescribable. The absence of a need relationship as one author put it. The brutal separation of two become one flesh being ripped apart. But grief is not a permanent residing place and I have moved on.
Loneliness is overrated. Especially if you are a part of a local church. If you are trying to live a self centered Godless life you might feel lonely. But church give social interaction and close relationships to as many people as you can stand.
Social science tells us that widows who do not marry again right away will probably never marry again. I am okay with that.
We did not know that the last few years were going to be our last years together. But the last years of my marriage were the best years. Why you ask? Because we both stopped trying to change the other and we accepted each other as we were. I stayed with Kathy through the hard times, when other men would have left. Through sickness and in health, till death did us part.
We were not perfect people without flaws. This does not mean we were not spiritual, it just means we were human.
A woman marries thinking she will change him. A man marries thinking she will never change. I have lived long enough to see that both are wrong. He will never change, she will change dramatically. Marry young and grow up together. Enjoy each other as they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment