Thursday, July 16, 2026

Two Or Three

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Mat. 18:20

This past Wednesday, because of the weather, our service was smaller than a normal midweek service. But as we started, this verse came to my mind. And I was able to rejoice and to worship no matter who was or wasn't there. Pastor preached like it was a full house. People got saved. It was a good midweek service.

Note that the Lord said where 2 or 3 are gathered. Not 20 or 30. Not 200 or 300. Not 2000 or 3000. Just 2 or 3. God is not put off by a small church or a lowered attendance. God cares about His church. And Jesus makes His presence known even to a small church or a small group. 

You do not have to have a big crowd to get the Lord to take notice. You do not have to have multitudes to attract the Lord's attention. God is interested in even one sparrow that falls in the wilderness. He cares about you and I even if we live alone.

A crowd draws a crowd. But two or three draw the Holy Spirit if they are gathered in Jesus' name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

God Still Speaks

 "A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart." Prov. 18:2 I had someone call me recently to see how I...